Advisories Partial Office Operations Will Resume
With the announcement from the provincial government that most businesses in the Ottawa area will be permitted to reopen effective July 17, 2020, the Federation is moving towards the partial re-opening of our office. The return of essential employees to the office will allow members of the NCA team to resume a number of activities that have been suspended since the declaration of a state of emergency by the Ontario government in mid-March.
We will be prioritizing the following:
- Responding to notices of intent to appeal for those files that were assessed on or after March 6, 2020. All notices of intent to appeal must be received by the NCA by August 28, 2020.
- Responding to requests for Assessment reviews, in order of receipt for requests starting from March 16, 2020. Note that Assessment reviews occur when an Applicant has new documentation or information. See NCA Policy Section 14 for more detailed information
- Preparing new files for assessment with a goal of ensuring that all candidates with files that are ready for assessment by August 31 will be able to register for the October exam session. A file is ready for assessment when all necessary documentation, as outlined in NCA Policy 12.2 “Documents Required”, have been received by the NCA.
- Issuing physical Certificates of Qualification (CQ).
- Forwarding documents to law schools and law societies.Returning original documents.
The NCA team members are eager to begin tackling the backlog of requests. Please note all requests will be processed in the order in which they were received. If you have already submitted a request, please do not resend your request.